I had the pleasure of working on this fab social media ad made by Blink Ink. Just animating. It looks really beautiful I think.
I’ve been beavering away on my bunny character. It’s a lot of work to rig her in Maya. And even more work getting XGen fur to work in Maya. But she’s a fun character and I do love her.
Here is my 2017 showreel.
1. Ratburger telemovie. Animated CG rat. Production at Lola Post, London
2. Animation tests for a Sci Fi feature film that is yet to be released. (Can’t say too much about this). Production at Jellyfish Pictures, London
3. Teletubbies. Animated the CG baby Teletubbies. Production at Lola Post, London
4. Wolfblood. Animated the wolf. Production at Jellyfish Pictures, London
5. Ratburger. Animated the rat. Production at Lola Post, London
Here are my two favourite scenes from Ratburger that I animated. The brief was to make the rat look like a real rat trying to dance. Someone questioned why the rat appears to know about Beyonce’s booty bumps. My answer was, he watches the telly! The director and everyone involved was extremely happy.
Here are some of the shots I animated for season 5 of Wolfblood. CG all made at Jellyfish Pictures for the BBC.
I’m currently animating baby Teletubbies at Lola Post in Soho. They are called Tiddlytubbies and they are super cute.
It’s a terrific team too. Loving it.
I’m now working as a senior character TD on a new CG version of The Wombles. We are using Maya and Modo. It’s fun and the people are lovely. I wish I could post a picture or a clip, but I’m not allowed. It looks pretty schmick. That’s all I can say.
Amazon is getting into content creation. They have commissioned Jellyfish Pictures to make a pilot for a kids series called Buddy-Tech Detective. Here is a still from the shot I’m working on. It’s pretty cute. You can find it if you have a Zon Prime account. (‘Zon’ izwat the cool people call Amazon…)
I’ve been animating Neal, the Sofaworks sloth. A cute little critter who sells sofas. He has a huge following on Facebook and Youtube. But he was very down to earth with me. He was rigged and rendered in Softimage xsi.